Thursday, March 15, 2012

Women's Power/Strategy Conference Part I: What's a Guy Like Me...?






...doing as a panelist at the Womens Power/Strategy Conference? (Get the Event Details now before I ruin it for you. Then come back if you dare...)

Well, like you, I can only imagine what a card-carrying self-defeatist with well-publicized poor taste is doing as a public speaker anywhere, (that includes the Bait Fisherman of America's Annual Cheese Curd Toss in Appleton, Wisconsin, where, believe it or not, I was rejected because of my weight! I mean really. Do I look too skinny to you?) I agree, it's a real headscratcher. What could the organizers possibly been thinking? Here's my theory:

When the Spice Girls came out, I totally went against the grain. I was probably the only middle aged male in Marin County who absolutely fell in love with those wacky Brits, and not just their fantastic "Hard Day's Night on Birth Control" movie. Even today if you ask, I'll tell ya what I want what I really really want I wanna I wanna I wanna I wanna zig-a-zig ahhhh! And it's true. I played those first two CDs to death - the first one I believe still stands up as testimony to the ingenuity of the British entertainment industry: Posh, Scary, Sporty, Ginger and Baby...(especially Baby) - what a concept! I can see why the organizers of the conference would be happy to get such a fanatic evangelist for GIRL POWER on their program.

...more to come in Part II

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get the conversation started, people!