Friday, July 27, 2012

Melanie Mills Confidential: The Irish Radio Interview



  • As the story goes I wrote a novel - started in the infamous Y2K, sitting alone and naked in a cubicle on the 4th floor of the Tivoli Building, just north of the 465 "Circle" freeway that circles "The Circle City", Indianapolis, IN. When I got writer's block I would press my flabby butt cheeks against the window just in case somebody looked up from their cell phone. Fortunately nobody did, or there might have been a horrific bloody wreck right up the street from the famous Indianapolis Speedway and the other place where Reggie Miller used to hang out. Also,  there was nobody else on the entire fourth floor, which I guess isn't that surprising given that I was prancing around in my birthday suit. (One of these days I'll tell you all about Indy. But not now.)
  •  This novel, entitled Hack (which can be procured on Amazon - http://amzn.to/Mx7k0y - or B & N - http://bit.ly/LCdGHL) is accused of inspiring my literary agent  to misbehave rather dramatically. I wrote about my bizarre experience right here in Limboland last March or April, and Andrew Losowsky, the books editor at the Huffington Post, texted me and said "That IS bizarre. Would you like to blog about it for us?" Uh gee. I guess. 
The result is here: http://huff.to/PHXDhM.
 
  • The day after the blog ran in the HuffPo, I received an email from Brian O'Neill  at Radio Newstalk Ireland in Dublin who wanted me to appear on the Sean Moncrieff afternoon drive show at...7:30AM. Boy was I a chipper little nipper as you can hear, here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get the conversation started, people!