Friday, March 16, 2012

The Women's Power/Strategy Conference Part II: Standing on Shaky Ground!

The women that have known me for awhile and may happen to have heard that I am involved with the Women's Power/Strategy Conference in a non-musical capacity are probably jumping around their desks waving their arms and shouting "Danger Will Robinson! Danger Will Robinson!" I did make a passing reference to a reputation for poor taste. I did not mention one of my many nicknames: Mister Inappropriate - for good reason. There's always the chance that the organizers of the Women's Power/Strategy Conference will get wise and shitcan my ass before I scar the minds of Marin's latest crop of fine young women. (Oh shit there I go. Did I just say "fine young women"? Does that sound like a line from a old blues song? Oh maybe that was "Honky Tonk Women". Boy it's easy to get confused at this age. Just wait 'til I turn 40 there will be real trouble!)

OKAY ENOUGH ABOUT ME NOW WHY SHOULD YOU OR YOU AND ALL OF YOUR WOMEN FRIENDS GO TO THIS CONFERENCE AND WHY ESPECIALLY SHOULD YOU SPONSOR A YOUNG PARTICIPANT??

(the best thing to do at this point is click over to the event and buy a ticket, because reading this is only going to get more and more painful)

I may be full of shit but that doesn't mean that I am always wrong. I mean look at the Spice Girls? I mean stop right now thank you very much I need somebody with a human touch! Not only did the Spicy's have a great sound they had a great message: GIRL POWER! And we're talking about the Women's POWER/Strategy Conference. The Spice Girls honed in on that teen girl set with a completely different angle - it wasn't all teen angst and rebellion, it was about getting a handle on some POWER. And what better way to carry that message to teen girls than through a pop band.

So how do we get from pop band to "CONFERENCE"? Okay, it's not a slam dunk I'll admit. But I've never been a girl which is perhaps why I've been such a complete failure as a woman. But even if I had ever been a girl, or a boy as the theory has gone, the idea of spending a Saturday at a conference sounds like torture. Worse than school. But hey - do these kids really know what a conference is about?

Find out in our next episode: in which Artie eats Dr. Lovelace's oats!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get the conversation started, people!